Thursday

Why should i have to go to Church? I can experience God so much better on a trip to the mountains or the beach or even looking at an exquisite flower

Why should I have to go to Church? I can experience God so much better on a trip to the mountains or the beach or even looking at an exquisite flower. When I come to Church, all I seem to get are distractions.There's something in my that wants to agree with you. When you want to think holy thoughts, Church seems to be filled with crying babies, and bored people. Let me strike a balance by saying that we need both the isolation from people and closeness to nature as well as the hassle and bustle and distractions involved with a Church experience.

I like to go to Church because the faith of my fellow parishioners gives me a shot in the arm to be able to continue the struggle of living a Christian life during the week. I also get blest by listening to the reading from the Bible and then the reflection by the priest.

As a priest, I often thank people for coming to Mass. Along with the blessings they receive, I remind them that they also help me and others by their very presence.

Coming to Church each Sunday is a way of expressing and communicating our love for God. Without this visible expression, even when we don't feel like we're on fire, love can dry up. You who are married know how important regular communication and expressions of love are.

Try to worship in public along with your quiet, isolated prayer. You need people and people need you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are all "helpless, struggling, weak human beings, except for the grace of God. lifting up our nothingness, together with our fellow helpless brethren surely moves God to bless us more. going to mass, even when we don't feel like it, is a sign of our humility before God and our fellow Christians. God bless us all!