Thursday

Christmas

Jesus is born. He lives today.

Ø I’ve seen him born in the young prostitute that came to confession in my parish. "I absolve you of your sins in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit."

Ø I've seen him born in the widow whose life has been struck an awesome blow by the death of her beloved husband of 40 years. Christ said, "I promise life for your husband. I promise his love and life will continue with you."

Ø I see Christ born in the eyes of the father who told me that his daughter just committed suicide. She hung herself at the age of 14. "Father, is my daughter in hell?" I responded, "no. I believe in God’s love. Your daughter was sick. Jesus loved and healed the sick. Your daughter is with Jesus." "Thank you, father. That was my greatest worry."

My life as a priest is rich in experiences of watching Christ be born in people right before my eyes.

The television ministry allows me to be the midwife of his birth in hundreds of thousands of people across the country. People call, they write and they tell me in person how our program brought them new life.

Christmas has been happening through the program for over 30 years.

Thank you for being a vital part of this birthing. Through your prayers and support of the TV program, we’ve been able to help Jesus come into the lives of people. What a Christmas gift you’ve given.

No comments: