Thursday

Why is patience important?

Patience furthers peace of mind and soul. If we are patient, we release from our shoulders an unnecessary burden of anxiety and control. To choose patience is to have wisdom. My model for patience is the way God deals with me and my sins. Instead of coming down hard with punishment for my failings, God patiently urges me to change my ways.

Tests of patience can be found in

1) being patient with our weaknesses and failings;

2) being patient with others and understanding that they may be at different levels of development than we are; and

3) being patient with God, knowing that His plans are deeper and more secure than our fleeting wishes and desires.

Good things come with patience.Unfortunately, my prayer for patience goes something like this: "Lord, please, give me patience, but give it to me NOW!"

No comments: